Alex Picerne's Essential Travel Guide to Bali Infographic is an excellent resource for traveling in Bali. But, I am going to throw in my two cents anyways.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Visa/Passports: The Visa exemption rule allows US citizens to come into Bali without a visa, if they plan on staying for 30 days or less. Only a valid passport is needed. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival.
Language: Most Balinese in tourist areas can speak English, but outside of those areas it is hit or miss. The national languages are Balinese, and Indonesian, but I doubt that means much to you, because you probably do not speak either of those languages.
Advised Vaccinations: Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Tetanus, Typhoid.
Vaccines to Consider: Cholera, Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies.
WHERE TO GO:
1. Sanur Beach: You can find the beach in the village of Denpasar, in southeast Bali. Sanur has a laidback atmosphere, and is known for its strong art presence and culture. The main street has tons of art galleries, and awesome restaurants.
2. Nusa Lembongan: A small island, and popular day trip destination, Nusa Lembongan can be explored in a matter of hours. Known for its exquisite beaches, the island is a great place for surfing, diving, and snorkeling.
3. Lovina: Located on the north coast of Bali, Lovina is known for its black volcanic sand beaches, and amazing coral reefs. The Banjar Hot Springs, and Brahmavihara-Arama Buddhist monastery are two must visit Lovina destinations.
4. Pura Luhur Uluwatu: The home place of Uluwatu Temple, one of the major Hindu temples in Bali. The temple is located on top of a treacherous cliff, overlooking the sea. Uluwatu Temple's amazing view, and absurd architecture are great reasons to visit.
5. Kuta Beach: You can find Kuta in the village of Kelurahan. The beach is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bali. Kuta is known for its luxury resorts, clubs, and restaurants. Stay away if you hate big crowds, and traffic jams.
BEFORE YOU GO:
Balinese Movies: Eat Pray Love (2010), Ring of Fire: An Indonesian Odyssey (1999), The More Things Change (2017), Bali is My Life (2012), Toute La Beaute du Monde (2006), Alex Cross (2012), The Endless Summer 2 (1994), The Fall (2006), Bali: Heaven and Hell (2014).
Link to Original Article: